With its high earnings, cheap taxes, and wide range of inexpensive houses, Dubai continues to draw hundreds of new inhabitants every month. If you have recently leased or purchased a home, you will need to connect your utilities before you can fully use your new place.
How to Configure Your Utilities
It is straightforward to set up your utilities in Dubai. DEWA is the same corporation that provides both water and electricity (Dubai Electricity & Water Authority). Completing the online application form and paying the appropriate fees takes only a few minutes. Alternatively, you may set up your utilities at DEWA’s Customer Happiness Center.
What documents/personal information must I provide?
- EJARI Number Is Valid (for tenants).
- The title deed (for owners).
- Trade license is only available to non-Department of Economic Development clients (for commercial and industrial customers)
- (GCC Nationals/Investors) Passport Image/Emirates ID No.
How much does it cost to put everything up?
DEWA activation fees:
- AED 100 is required to connect power and water (small meters).
- AED 300 is required to connect the electricity and water meters (large meters).
- The registration fee is AED 10.
- The knowledge price is AED 10.
- AED 10 is charged as an innovation fee.
- *VAT will be applied where applicable.
Deposit for Security:
- 2,000 AED for a Flat (Residential Premises).
- A villa costs AED 4,000. (Residential Premises).
When will the service be useable?
DEWA will be enabled within 24 hours after registration and payment of the security deposit.
As your supplier, empower.
If you reside in an area where Empower (empower.ae) chiller services are offered, you must register. Empower e-Services allows you to register online, and the request procedure takes 1 – 3 working days.
Owners will require:
- The title deed or the Sales and Purchase Agreement
- Copy of passport with signature page
Tenant will require:
- Ejari tenancy agreement
- Copy of Emirates ID (front & back sides)
- a photocopy of the VISA page
In terms of pricing, there is a one-time connection fee of Dhs2,000 and an administration fee of Dhs1,000. The security deposit for an apartment is Dhs2,000 and Dhs3,000 for a villa.
Please contact us if you have any more queries.