Dubai is a popular tourism destination. People travel to the city from all over the world for a variety of reasons. To accommodate such travelers, Dubai offers a variety of tourist visas. Those who cannot enter the UAE without a visa must obtain a tourist visa. A tourist visa is frequently obtained through airlines, lodging facilities, and even even agencies.
Recent changes to the UAE’s visa rules for tourists now allow them to double-up on their visa extensions without ever leaving the country. What you should know about Dubai’s tourist visa extension if you’re a visitor.
How to extend a tourist visa in Dubai
The process for extending a tourist visa for Dubai is rather simple.
- A tourist visa in Dubai is extendable twice for further 30 days.
- Keep an eye on the initial extension’s expiration date.
- Before the first renewal expires, submit an application for the second.
How to apply in Dubai for a tourist visa extension?
How to extend your tourist visa in Dubai is as follows:
Using GDRFA App
- Access the GDRFA app.
- Open dependent visa details on the dashboard.
- To renew your residence, click it.
- Specify the information
- choose a delivery strategy
- Include documents
- Pay the fee.
- Await confirmation by SMS or email.
Federal Identity and Citizenship Authority
- Visit the Federal Authority for Identity & Citizenship website.
- Type in your information
- Include attachments
- Pay the AED 600 charge and request an extension
Documents needed in Dubai to renew a visa
When applying to renew your visa, you must provide:
- a passport transcript for the applicant. Make sure the passport has a minimum six-month validity period.
- a white background for a passport-sized photo
Tourist visa extension fees for Dubai
Each time your license is renewed, you will be required to pay AED 600.
Grace period for Dubai tourist visa extension
Overstayers who are unable to renew their tourist visas will be fined AED 100 per day they remain in the country illegally. The number of days will be decided starting 10 days after the visa expires.
Exemption from tourist visa extension requirements in Dubai
There is one tourist in Dubai who is an exception. They are not required to adhere to the extension’s rules that others must obey. These consist of:
- citizens of GCC nations
- unique entry credentials
- 96-hour special mission’s permit